Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Reading Habits

About a week ago, the Associated Press reported that 27 percent of American adults didn't read a single book last year. Not one. Where do you fall? Are you one of those 27 percent, or do you read perhaps a little or frequently?

One of the most common pieces of advice to a writer is to read. Read every day, vary your reading and read books in the genre you are writing.

I'm writing tween and young adult literature, so most of the books on my list are from YA and tween authors. Usually, I read 10-15 books per month and read several hours each day. It helps me to keep in the know about what's being published and it's a nice way to support your fellow writer.

What are your reading habits? Share them! If you're curious about my reading list, you'll find it on my blog. I'll be back next Tuesday.

No comments: