Thursday, November 1, 2007

Backup your Work!

I just returned home after a five-day evacuation from the Southern California wildfires. So many of my writing friends have told me stories about how their computers don't work now (smoke, fire, water damage) and they haven't backed up their work for weeks, months and some for years.

I have a simple backup method that works great; I keep a flash drive plugged in all the time and the software backs up any modified files on a regular basis. Unfortunately, in my rush to evacuate 3 daughters, 3 dogs, 3 horses, 2 cats and a bird, I forgot to grab the flash drive.

Fortunately for me my computer was undamaged and I didn't lose any work. But please remember to back up your work on a regular basis and, if at all possible, keep a backup copy in a different physical location whenever possible.

Carol R. Thomas - Write Magazine Articles That Sell!

No comments: